WELCOME TO VECL
Vadodara Enviro Channel Limited has built its reputation by successfully conveying the treated wastewater since last 30 years. Dedicated to the protection and preservation of the nearby Environment and a standard of excellence, our team and in-house management collectively represent a wealth of experience.
WHY CHOOSE VECL
Healing our environment
Vadodara Enviro Channel Limited (VECL) is in the business of providing infrastructure and services for:
- Conveying the generated treated wastewater from more than 250 Industrial Units in and around Vadodara District of Gujarat through the 55 km long Channel in to the Bay of Khambat.
- Related environmental engineering and management consultancy.
VECL emphasizes on functioning in a environmentally responsible manner by implementing an Environmental Management System based on ISO 14001 that aims at alleviating the environmental impacts of operations through progressive objectives, targets and programs.
Vadodara Enviro Channel limited is into the business of conveying the generated treated wastewater from more than 250 Industrial Units in and around Vadodara District of Gujarat through the 55 km long Channel in to the Bay of Khambat.
For the smooth Operation & Maintenance entire conveying systems and to maintain the quality of the discharge wastewater to meet the State Pollution Control Board’s Standards, Company’s Management regularly carries out the following activities:
- Provided dedicated Security force for the complete surveillance of the Channel.
- Regular sample taken from the various points and analyzed for the required parameters.
- Penalize those member units (Defaulter) frequently violating the Inlet norms.
- Regular Cleaning of the Channel during Pre & Post monsoon seasons.
- Surprise Check by the senior personnel.
Up to 1983 in Vadodara City, major State and Central Government Industrial complex, Nandesari Industrial Estate of GIDC and small & medium scale industries of petro-chemical complex were facing problems with the disposal of treated wastewater.
During 1970, the project for the safe disposal of treated wastewater was conceived by the State Government. This was developed and constructed by G.I.D.C on behalf of the participating Industries.
Thus during 1983, the Effluent Channel Project was commissioned. It has a total capacity to convey about 1,30,000 M3/day (130 MLD) of treated wastewater over a distance of 55 km in the Gulf of Khambhat.
Apart from safely conveying treated waste water of industries into the Gulf of Khambat, Vecl also excels in the following:
- Environmental Consultancy (To provide only technical knowhow)
- Green Audit
- Services for the preparation of the Sustainability Report
- Recycling of treated wastewater
- Analysis of water & wastewater samples
- Waste Exchange Data Bank
- Training for the overall Environmental Management
- Rain water Harvesting etc.
Mission of Vadodara Enviro Channel Limited is to provide dedicated infrastructure and services in safe,reliable,efficient and environmentally sound manner for:
- Conveyance of treated waste water .
- Related environmental engineering and management consultancy through partnership with our member industries and other stackeholders.
Vadodara Enviro channel Limited vision is to pursue innovation in infrastructure and services for conveyance of treated wastewater as also providing related environmental engineering and environmental management consultancy services.